Free camping in Tuscany

Alexey

Ciao, ragazzi!
I'm an exchange student in Florence. So wonderful and beautiful city...But since 30 april every weekend I've started to move round the Tuscany with my bycycle.And I learned the different beauty of this places - hills,wineries, plantations of olive trees, small villages...It's the real Tuscany and I'm in love with it!
That's lyrics:)
I already have been in Impruneta, in Pistoia...My last ride was aimed to end in San Gimignano, but...I've chosen too difficult route (with lots of hills, using the roads with traffic at 1car/h) and my Great Trip:)D) ended in Montespertoli.
I've learned that 1)I've to change the route next time 2)It's really the great distance!
So my question is - maybe you can tell me if there're free campgrounds near San Gimignano - place where I can arrive with my tent, spend the night and go back next day?
P.S.Also I'm going to make a trip to Siena one day,so,please,tell me if there're free campgrounds in Siena.
Hope to receive any good suggestions from you!
Buona giornata!;)

campsites near San Gimignano & Siena

Ciao Alexey,

I'm not an expert in camping but I've searched on the Internet about free campgrounds in Tuscany.

I didn't find an official regulations but basically I understand that over all Italy is prohibited to place tents outside the authorized campsites areas, unless you decide to stay, for example, in a private area/ground having the consent of its owner.

Beyond the law, I suggest you to stay in a campsite on payment. I know it should be less "adventurous", but more safe with no doubt!

I' ve found these campsites near San Gimignano and Siena:

http://www.sangimignanocamping.it/

http://www.campingcolleverde.com/

Happy bike tours! :)

stay safe!

I'll also add that campgrounds generally are pretty budget friendly -- and don't underestimate the importance of being in a place with other people around you.
Even if Italy is generally a safe place for visitors, like you wouldn't do elsewhere you don't want to run the risk of making yourself a target if it is clear that you are on your own. So stay safe and head to designated campgrounds to spend the night! A bathroom also might really come in handy right before heading to sleep in your tent.

Happy cycling adventures to you!

Grazie mille, ragazze!
Eh...Thank you for suggestions, it's really wonderful, that it's possible to get such info!
Ciao!