Day trip from Montecatini Terme to Cinque Terre

edrie

Joining this forum has helped so much in planning my trip to Tuscany. I'll be with a small group and my one free day is a Wednesday when I'd like to find a day trip from Montecatini Terme where we'll be staying to Cinque Terre. Any information will be really appreciated. Thanks.

So glad the forum has been of help already! :) A day trip from Montecatini to the Cinque Terre is definitely doable - you'll just need to catch the earliest train out so that you can make the most of your day. Trains are the best way to reach the area and go to La Spezia from which you take the train to Riomaggiore, the first town of the five that you reach coming from Tuscany.

From here we highly recommend you take the Via dell'Amore, the Way of Love - a short walk to the next town, Manarola. The recent storms in the area have done a lot of damage with land slides and these first two were the least impacted. The famous hiking path between all of the five towns will take some time before it is back in shape, but you can definitely move between all of the towns by train. From Manarola you can continue on to Corniglia as well as Vernazza and Monterosso which were the largest hit by the flash storms but which will likely be in better shape by next year.

Do you have any specific doubts that you needed help with? Since there is so much information we could give out as well as lots of generic info, it would be easier if you tell us if you had specific requests about a town or about accommodation. In the meantime, I recommend you read our post here: Our Two Days at The Cinque Terre in Italy:Hiking at Le Cinque Terre-Discover Tuscany’s Blog