Holiday in Italy, Tuscany

Teo

Hi there

I will be going to Italy with my husband on Friday ;)... very excited now. However, i have read a lot of website on where to go and what to do in Tuscany, better there are a lot of variation, after I read this Tuscany forum which I am confident that I will be getting a better idea for my trip.

Would appreciate if you can help me to plan the itinerary accordingly... give me a good suggestion :)

We will be flying from Singapore to Rome and moving to other cities as follow

2 days Rome
2 days Florence - I read there is a outlet mall worth visiting?
2 days Tuscany --> will be delighted to see Chianti area but where is good and must to see? We have rented a car and will be driving around Chianti area. Can you please help to provide the driving route?
1 day Siena
1 day Lake Como

Hope to hear from you very soon :) Many many thanks in advance for your help!

Sorry I didn't see this earlier so am not sure it will be of much help by now since I think you're already here. Your itinerary looks good except for the 1 day in Lake Como - that is definitely way out of the area and requires quite a bit of driving, not doable in a day for going there and then heading back down to Rome.

As for Chianti, take the SS222 called Chiantigiana road and drive through wine country - past Greve down to Panzano then on to Castellina then back up to Radda. It is beautiful country and should be quite green with the rains we've received these past two weeks :)

Hope you're having a great time already! :)

I think this is one of the best place for the holidays. I spend some time with my friends in that place. The beauty of the nature is really great.