Transfer from Florence to Tuscany via Chianti

Matt Wright

We're planning 2 weeks in the Tuscany region, and are having an interesting challenge related to a transfer from Florence to Sienna. We'd like to take the slow boat through Chianti through some vineyards, etc, and end up in Sienna. Ideally, we'd like to find a transfer / tour that provides a small day trip that fits the profile we need.

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated,
Matt Wright

car rental is a better alternative for 2 weeks rather than a transfer or tour

Ciao Matt,

That is an interesting challenge because most tours will start in one city and end back there, not really transfer services. I think you have to look specifically for "car with driver in Florence" on Google and see whether you can contact these services and ask for a slow drive through Chianti with end destination in Siena. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in particular to recommend.

The thing is that if you're spending a whole 2 weeks in Tuscany, I'd really recommend renting your own car so that you have complete freedom to move around and visit the villages spread out through Chianti and Tuscany without depending on someone else, transfer services, etc. It might be fine for a transfer or two, but generally you'll want the flexibility (and likely cheaper alternative) if you have your own means of transport. If you want to take a look at car rental rates, use the search box on this page since it lets you see rates across various car rental agencies - it is a good place to start!
http://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-car-rental/