Train to Siena

Teena

We are staying at Castello Di Casole for a week in Oct/Nov. We are arriving from 5 nights in Amalfi. My question is... which train should we take? Should we go into Florence and rent a car, or is there a closer station to Siena? I have read in previous posts, that a car is best while in Tuscany. We are heading to spend 3 nights in Florence (Hotel Hetvetia & Brisol) from Tuscany. Where should we return our rental car. In Florence, or before we arrive in the city?

Any suggestions would be great!

Ciao Teena, welcome to Discover Tuscany!
Yes, I think a car gives you more freedom to move around Tuscany without depending on the timeschedule of trains and buses, expecially if you want to visit the countyside of several cities in your trip.
You can definitely rent a car in Siena and you should be able to return it in Florence, it can be possible however that picking up the car in Florence will give you more options.

We use RentalCars.com (same company of Booking.com) for car rentals, you should play a little with the options selecting Siena or Firenze in the exact dates you are interested in.

Hope this was of some help, have a great trip!

Thanks so much Stefano. In doing some research, it looks as though we should take the train (Italo) from either Naples or Salerno to Firenze. I'm unsure if there is a way to rent a car at the train station in Firenze, or if we should take a cab to the airport to get our rental car. Any advise?

what ll be the charges of any rental car?Can you help me about the rent situation prevailing there?
Charges are fixed or not?

use the search box on this page to do some sample searches - http://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-car-rental/
cost depends on the type of car and what amenities you accept with it (extra insurance, gps, etc).
but generally once you decide on a model and cost, that is pretty close to what you pay.
You then just have to pay for gas as you go... and try to not do any damage to the car, so that you don't have to pay extra for those.