Suggestions for 13 days in Tuscany

Orlnit

Hi Lourdes,
I will be staying in Voltarre, Pisa the first 2 weeks of sept. Have plans on stopping in Orvieto on my drive there from Rome and plans to visit San Gimignano, Pisa, Montalcino, Siena, Florence, Assisi and maybe Perugia. What other towns do you suggest I can visit? Or what do you suggest for 14 days in Tuscany region.

Visit Arezzo!

Hi Lourdes,
I will be staying in Voltarre, Pisa the first 2 weeks of sept. Have plans on stopping in Orvieto on my drive there from Rome and plans to visit San Gimignano, Pisa, Montalcino, Siena, Florence, Assisi and maybe Perugia. What other towns do you suggest I can visit? Or what do you suggest for 14 days in Tuscany region.

Dear Sir/Madam,

the city you selected are wonderful and I'm sure you can spend pleasant moments there.
Since she wonders what else might visit during your stay in Tuscany , I propose the beautiful city of Arezzo , easily reachable by public transport from Florence ( one hour by train or 50 minutes by car) .

Ancient Etruscan town , Arezzo offers a lot to its visitors. Among the main attractions are the Piazza Grande , the main square of the city, where you can see the gallery of Giorgio Vasari ( Italian architect ) . The square is the same as the film " Life is Beautiful " by Roberto Benigni was shot!
The city is also famous because it is home of the beautiful frescoes by Piero della Francesca in the Basilica of St. Francis.

Near Arezzo , you can also visit beautiful countries, including Anghiari and Cortona , surrounded by the wonderful hills of Tuscany.

If you want further information, please visit our website: www.incomingarezzo.com
Incomingarezzo is a group of three hotels, which are located in the historic center of Arezzo, born from the need to satisfy the various economic needs of those who come to visit our Arezzo !

In any case , I wish you a good holiday! ;)

Sincerely,
Giulia

Tuscany in 13 Days

Sounds like you have put together a fantastic itinerary.

And Giulia's suggestion to use Arezzo as a base is actually a very good idea (at least for the first half.) The town of Arezzo will give you a peek into an "authentic" Italian town, not overwhelmed with tourism but rather living and thriving due to a strong local base. It is also very convenient due to its position for visiting Perugia & Assisi, Montepulciano, Siena and Chianti...not to mention that Arezzo has a pretty strong wine reputation

When you stop in Orvieto, make sure visit to the caverns under the city - they are are truly unique. Reserve your spot as soon as you arrive, the tickets can be purchased in front of the awesome cathedral!

I also suggest you plan a day or two staying inside the city walls of Florence, it is just too beautiful and exciting to do a stop and go. And then finish your stay up in a small town like San Gimignano or Certaldo ... which will give you the full spectrum of life in Tuscany (medium size town: Arezzo, bustling center of Florence and a quaint town: San Gimignano/Certaldo.

Buon Viaggio.