Visiting on 27th to 29th June...need advice please..

lejuj

Good Afternoon,

We are a family of 3, visiting Itally for the first time - starting with 2 days in Rome from 25th June.

On the 27th June we want to move to Tuscany, and would prefer to experience Tuscan country side and therefore I have booked our stay in : Agriturismo Villain Poderi Nesti & Cupoli, Via Leonardo Da Vinci 47, 50055 Lastra a Signa.

Initially i planned to rent a car in Rome and drive to Tuscany, however after reading many forums found that this could be really stressful and probably not an interesting drive. So if i chose to travel by train from Rome to Florence, what is the easiest way to get to this hotel?

I am completely flexible and if someone can suggest a small itinerary for this sector, i would really appreciate it. We wanted to see Tuscan country sides, visit a winery, taste some wines, see the PISA tower, catch a few glimpses of Florence if possible.

Our dates are from 27 June morning to 29th June morning - after this, heading off to Venice for 1 night, and then off to Switzerland.

Ciao!
Leju

Renting from Rome might not be too stressful, if you avoid getting a car right in the center and then having to navigate the entire city. I know that lots head back to the airport to rent from there, that way they then take the ring road around the city and not have to worry about that part, which is the most stressful.

But if you want to take the train to Florence, then I'd recommend you rent a car once you arrive in Florence's SMN train station. Here are tips and info on the locations near the SMN station:
http://www.visitflorence.com/florence-car-rental/

The agriturismo is in the countryside so you'll need a car to get there. Once you're there and have checked in and dropped off luggage on the 27th, I'd suggest heading back to Florence for the rest of the day - have them advice you where you can park your car in Lastra a Signa so that you can catch a train back into SMN in Florence.
The next day, you can easily drive to Pisa, passing through the countryside and visiting Villa Dianella winery near Vinci. Contact them now to book the cellar visit.
Spend the rest of the day in Pisa, then head back and stop in San Miniato.

The next morning, drop car back in Florence - you can leave your luggage at the train station deposit to get to see a bit more of Florence before catching your train to Venice.

Thanks Lourdes! much appreciated..
i tried to call the Villa Dianella, but I cant get through. Also tried their website, but cannot make a reservation there. finally just send them an email and lets hope they respond in time. in the alternative, are there other wineries in case this one is full?

I really doubt they'll be full but let's hope they reply to your message quickly, guess they took the weekend off ;-). You could also just show up, if they don't reply.... since it is a B&B, there is always someone at reception and they might be able to do the wine tastings if not the whole winery tour. But I am sure they'll reply today.

If you keep heading toward Vinci, there is also another one near the town - http://www.tenutalecolonie.it/prodotti/Default.aspx - you should also contact them to see if you need to set up a time to visit.

Enjoy!