Where to visit?

Dale

Hi,

Spending 3 nights in Florence from the 11/9/14, then 5 nights in Montelpulciano.

Where do you recommend we visit over the 5-6 days in country Tuscany?
Is it possible to visit Greve, Panzano, Castellina.....San Gimingnano,Volterra.....Pierenza,Montalcino, Manciano in this timeframe? Anywhere I have left out?
And is it possible to do so by public transport from Montelpulciano?

We have booked a car from Florence but it's pretty expensive and am starting to think it might be cheaper and a nicer experience to travel by train/bus then get a local driver for 1-2 days to take us to any areas that aren't accessible by public transport.
Could you also please indicate the names of those towns inaccessible by public transport?

Basically we enjoy a nice lunch, a couple of vinos, wine tasting, take in the natural beauty of the region....not so big on the historical side but happy to take a look.

Also is there a bus/train to Montalpulciano from Siena train station?

Thanks in advance,
Dale

I'm sorry to see this particular post got lost in between all the other ones at the beginning of the month when we had do many requests for information :(

Dale - I hope that everything turned out perfectly regardless!

Timing in Italy

Hello Dale

did you mean you were here in Italy the 11th of September or are you coming into Italy on the 9th of November ? The Europeans invert the day and the month and sometimes it can be a bit confusing...