Wedding planning in Radda

adamnorgan

Hello,

we are planning our wedding for May 2015, the budget is tight and it will be mostly family and a few friends. We are looking for to rent a few tables and chairs, crockery and also need to find a bit of entertainment, preferably a lovely local band/ singer. If it was in the UK I would approach a town hall to hire the tables and chairs as they normally do hire them for a donation. Does anyone know of clubs/town halls/vineyards/groups fairly local to Radda that might hire those things out? Also does anyone know of a good local singer or band?
any help would be gratefully received as we don't have a wedding planner.

Thanks

Adam

Ciao Adam,

Are you staying in Radda or outside of the village? Since you seem to already have the accomodation, I'd suggest you contact them - if they have the space to host your wedding, they should have contacts with local suppliers of tables/chairs/crockery if you're holding the wedding/reception at their place.
It would be the right thing to do, to start from them to see if they have contacts with someone who can offer the services, even if it is just passing on to you a name and number. If you're instead hosting the wedding somewhere else, then contact the hosts there.

The local associations, called "circolo", generally have space to hang out and have tables and chairs but generally what they have is for their use... unless you ask about hosting your wedding there.
City hall should also have contacts with places to rent stuff out, for when they host local events.

A good chance of success might be through the Proloco Office (tourism office) in Radda. I was in touch with Silvia Brogi from there some time ago and she was super helpful. So maybe you can contact her to find out what she suggests - it is always best to get info from locals (even more so than me, since I am in Florence) ;-) This is the office's email: proradda@chiantinet.it
She might also be able to suggest local bands or singer!!

Ciao Adam,

Recently met a mom named Mary Loscerbo here in Florence that is a singer and has a band that do just this in Tuscany so should be perfect! you can see more about the band on their site here: http://www.bitband.it/ although Mary said the site is being updated, with a new video to be uploaded soon. They have a wide repertoire, so should be able to meet your likes ;)

Good luck!!