Driving from Milan to Florence, recommendation for where to stop along the coast

jfurlong

Good day fellow travelers!

My boyfriend and I will be driving from Milan to Florence, along the coast line, looking to stop for 1 or 2 nights along the way. We are looking for recommendations for towns to stay in, and must see locations. We are traveling the end of September.

Thank you for the help!

Jackie

On the Coast

Buongiorno,

So if your intentions are to drive the coast so you can get some time in at Cinque Terre, I suggest you look into Levanto. It is located right next to Cinque Terre coming from the north - a pleasant town with a great market for seafood, sandy beaches and you can catch a train directly into CT.

I have stayed here twice and found it to be a great location, easy to park, everything is within walking distance and not as expensive as staying directly in Cinque Terre. One time I stayed in a self catering apartment - excellent for making use of the fresh seafood market - and the other time I stayed at this hotel - clean, good service and a good price, very close to the beach.

Buon Viaggio