Taking bus/car to Tuscany from Florence

bio9205

Hello, will be travelling to Florence next week with my family of 4. We're thinking of taking a day trip to Tuscany - any recommendations on where to go that will be nice for a day trip? We're looking at Greve and the vineyards around it, by taking a SITA bus as recommended by many websites. What are your thoughts? Thanks :)

Yes, a trip into Chianti and wine land is definitely a good idea - you can check out more details on getting there (and link to bus schedules) on this page:
http://www.chianti.com/greve-in-chianti/

Another option would be to take bus to Siena or bus to San Gimignano. Both are lovely towns and also merit visiting, if you've never been before.

Bus trip to Greve

Buongiorno,

from Greve you can hike up the hill to the little town of Montefioralle (even with young kids.) It is a bit steep but not too far and not only is it a panoramic hike but the town is very quaint and perfect for taking photos. Along the way (or shortly after the town) are a few wineries:

Azienda Agricola Altiero this is family fun, and really fun people

this is another one that near Montefioralle that many people have told me they love ... and I have drank the wines - which were very good.

Buon Viaggio

Four days after completing business in Florence... Suggestions for itinerary?

We will have a few days and would like to find a place to rest and also explore. We have previously visited Lucca and would like to explore elsewhere this time. Chianti? San Gimignano? Siena? To the coast? Ideally, travel to one place and stay for the few days.

Suggestions will be most welcome!!! Thank you.