One extra day in Tuscany - where to go

Geejay

Hi!

We're planning a 4-day visit to Florence this June. And we've scheduled 1 extra day to explore more of the Tuscan area. However, it seems that there are a lot of towns to choose from, one equally nice as the next one, sonwould very much appreciate your insights.

Here's what we plan for our 4-day visit:

Day 1 - arrives Florence at noon, so will explore the city in the afternoon with mass at San Miniato al Monte
Day 2 - Guided tour 'One day in Tuscany' (covers Pisa, Sienna, San Gigminano, Chianti)
Day 3 - explore Florence (museums)
Day 4 - ???

Was thinking of Lucca, Fiesole but Cortona, Mugello seem equally interesting. We're looking for a variety in terms of landscape and experience from those already on the itinerary.

Would very much appreciate your insights amd feedback!

Thanks,
Geejay

Casentino

Buongiorno,

An extra day in Tuscany ... well it could be that I am a bit biased, but if you are looking for something very Tuscany but with a different landscape, I would head towards Casentino.

Have a look at this link: http://www.discovertuscany.com/casentino/

It will tell you a bit about the area, the castles and the places to explore...it is missing my last article about Poppi (the jewel of the valley)

It is located about an hour outside of Florence and you can spend a leisurely day explore much of it, getting to see a piece of Tuscany that not many venture into - but definitely a rewarding visit.

Buon Viaggio