Amazing ties!

Jktenterprises

Hi, I visited Siena 20 years ago and found either one shop, or maybe a couple of shops (yes my memory not as good as it was!) which had the most amazing individual collection of silk ties. I bought 3 and despite being lucky enough to have travelled a fair bit since, I have never found such a unique selection all in one place.

We are going back this Summer and I am hoping that this shop/these shops still exist. Does anyone have any idea which shop(s) I remember?

Many thanks,
Jon

silk ties!

I think I know which shop you mean ... at least, I hope so. There is a wonderful shop with hundreds of wonderful ties. It is located in the little square in front of the baptistery of Siena, at the beginning of "Via dei Fusari".

I think I know which shop you mean ... at least, I hope so. There is a wonderful shop with hundreds of wonderful ties. It is located in the little square in front of the baptistery of Siena, at the beginning of "Via dei Fusari".

That's excellent news! Thank you!

Others, do please let me know if you think there are any other shops I should check out to be sure, or if you happen to know the name of this shop...

ties in siena

That's excellent news! Thank you!

Others, do please let me know if you think there are any other shops I should check out to be sure, or if you happen to know the name of this shop...

I do not remember the name but you can't miss it! On this little square in front of the baptistery there is a bar with tables outside and this very beautiful shop that sells silk ties for men but also scarves for women - in fact there are two shops; one attached to the other. It is a very antique shop and the ties are of high quality! considering what you have written, I think this could be the place ... I do not know other places! When will you be in Siena? I hope I could help you!
info@prolocosovicille.it

I love a challenge so when I saw this question I put on my Sherlock Holmes hat and went on Google street view. It looks like the shop is called Cravattificio di Siena and it's in Piazza San Giovanni. They have a lovely website for you to enjoy browsing before you go at http://www.cravattificiodisiena.com/ - have fun!

Yes, I think that's it!

Thank you all for your help, and the 2 shops selling scarves/ties next to each other would explain why I couldn't remember if it was 1 or 2 shops I'd remembered!

Have now got all the details and will pay it a visit - grazie!