www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: where to set base in Tuscany?

Cool where to set base in Tuscany?

hello.. we are planning to visit Italy in September for about 12 days and we want to cover rome, florence/tuscany and venice.

my confusion is about Tuscany - total of 5 days. we will be driving from Rome to the Tuscan region - I want to cover the following and need your advice.

Siena
    Vald'orcia
    Chianti/San gim
    Pisa
    Florence

planning on visiting florence last and stay there for 2 days. I would like your advice on how to cover the rest of the places and where to set base...

Thanks in advance.

Default 12 days in Italy

Buongiorno,

September is a beautiful time to visit Italy, there is so much going on from the grape harvest to the beginning of fall!

I suggest you look at an Itin that has you fly into Venice or Rome and then you can fly out of the opposite, for example:

arrive Rome: 3 nights
    train it to Florence: 2 nights
    villa or country apartment: 6 nights
    train it to Venice: one night

Depending on what you are interested in, perhaps an area like Montespertoli, or San Gimignano for the 6 nights - However, If you don't mind moving around a bit, you could also do 3 nights in that area (easy access to Pisa, Lucca, Chianti) and then three nights down in Val d'Orica. (Siena, Montalcino, Creti Senese & Montepulciano).

Buon Viaggio

Donna Denise

Share and Bookmark!