4.5 days in Tuscany region. What to do, where to stay?

alohame

We will train in from Rome (spending 3 nights and 2 days there) on a Tuesday. After spending a couple of crazy and long sightseeing days, we'd love to spend 5 nights and 4.5 days being a bit more lazy. Would love to find a villa/ranch house with a seaview and be able to go down to the beach easily as well as we want to do tourist stuff. EX: Would like a lovely beach to bathe at and sun on a couple of afternoons, but want to be near to towns for dining and sightseeing. Do we stay inland and bus or train or rent a car to get to the coast, or do we stay on the coast and head into Florence for a day if we want city activity? We leave for Venice the following Sunday at some point for a 2 night, one day stay before heading out of the country. I know we are packing in a lot, but we have limited time and really want the sea/rolling hills experience that only the Tuscany region can offer. I am thinking a rental car or paying a private driver is probably a must for us? Any advice would be most appreciated.

A bit all over :)

Buongiorno,

I can see after all that travelling you might want a place to just "mellow"...and I totally understand the draw of the beach.

I suggest that you look into the Volterra area or the countryside between Volterra and Cecina. It won't have you sleeping on the beach but you will be close enough that you can enjoy the typical Tuscan hills and head over to the beaches for the morning/afternoon.

http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/agriturismo-le-selvole.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Car and beach?

Thank you for the suggestion. What about a car rental? Do you recommend it for our particular time there? We'd like to come and go and so car rental seems the only way. Is it fairly easy to drive and what would we need to be mindful of? How far is this area from Chianti, Florence and Pisa? Also, what are the best sandy beaches that we would be able to drive to? :)

car rental

I would say you absolutely want to have a car in this area. Personally I love driving in this area - the views are beautiful and I love exploring the small towns. Keep in mind that the roads are a bit slower (but wide enough and in good condition), so be sure to add a few minutes to get where ever you want to go so you can take it easy while you navigate the twists and turns... however it is not a mountainous curve road so don't worry!

I like the beaches in the Bibbona area. There are lots of places you can go - but these are easy from the Volterra area, pretty, clean and pretty easy with the parking situation. But you can have a look at this link for more info on the beaches: http://www.discovertuscany.com/what-to-do-in-tuscany/top-beaches-in-tuscany.html

Have fun!!

Donna Denise

Places to see in Tuscany city

I visited Tuscany with my family on holidays. One of my friend is residing here. We visited different historical places like

Pisa, it is famous for its leaning tower. It is also medieval center and is the home of Lord Byron and Shelley.

Luca, it is a walled city with one of the best preserved walls in Italy.

San Gimignano, it is a city of beautiful towers.

Montecatini Terme, It is known for its thermal waters, is one of the top Spa towns.