October in Tuscany

PeterMaui

Aloha from sunny Maui, Hawaii!

My wife and I are coming to Tuscany for a week in mid-October 2015 and hope to explore la bella Tuscany
by car. Could you recommend an area to stay? We hope to stay in one central location and explore the whole region. We have a large family, so we would prefer to stay in a villa or a farm house. We also hope that location you recommend will not be cold in mid October.

Thank you!
Peter

Buongiorno,

October can really be a beautiful month to visit Tuscany...can't always promise warm temps but normally it is not cold. I suggest you think of dressing in layers because during hte day with the sun out it can get quite warm but the evenings and early morning as a bit "nippy". As for an area to look into I suggest you have a look at the Montespertoli area, central and very pretry in this period of the year.

One of my favorite accommodations in that area is Villa Leoni, I visited them and had the opportunity to meet with the owner - very friendly and suited to large families.

http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/villa-i-leoni.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

holiday in october

Buongiorno! You could stay in the beautiful countryside around Sovicille (at only 13 kms from Siena). It is a central location and you will reach Florence after 80 kms, the Chianti area after only 35 kms, the wonderful Val d'Orcia (Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano etc.) after about 50 kms ...
There are a lot of farmhouses and villas around Sovicille - if you need more details, get in touch, it will be a pleasure to help you.
info@prolocosovicille.it