10 Day at quaint villa in Tuscany area

kensmithld

I have read many posts and need some help paring down cities. We are two couples looking for a villa in a quiet area, walk into town, relax, bike ride. Would like a day trip into Florence and possibly the west coast but generally looking for a quaint area that we can cook and hike. Would love the ability to bike into town or take short excursions by car to neighboring towns. It seems we would be best situated to the west of Florence so we have easy access to both. Of course we are going in August so I know it will be busy. I would love some thoughts. We have looked at the following towns: Montespertoli, Montalcino, Coloodi, Montecarlo and Lucignano. Any help would be appreciated!

Places to stay for touring and hiking

Buongiorno,

all the places you mentioned are beautiful areas for a base, and even if you don't stay there you should make plans to visit them all the same :)

Perhpas my favorite place on your list is Montespertoli: I particularly like Villa le Torri, it is within walking distance of a small town, great views, a tastey welcome buffet and a good position for day trips.

You can have a look at this list of properties, where you can rent direct with the owner all in the Montespertoli area: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/montespertoli/

Most places in August rent by the week - but you could divide your stay into one week near Florence and Montespertoli and the remaining three days towards Montalcino or Siena - just to give you a different perspective of Tuscany...maybe even in the city of Siena so you could experience the "city life": Hotel Athena could be a nice choice.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise