A week in Tuscany

DebF

I am having a hard time deciding where to base ourselves in Tuscany. I was hoping to stay in one place and then take side trips to different areas. We will be visiting Florence for a day, San Gimignano, Siena, Cortona, Montepulciano, Val d'Orcia area and some other towns in the Tuscany area. I have been thinking of staying in Montepulciano but not sure that would make sense. A friend suggested the Chianti area but I keep leaning toward more of the open countryside.

Montepulciano Area

Buongiorno,

The Montepulciano area is beautiful - and you can definitely plan on staying there especially for your day trips into Cortona, the Val d'Orcia area and Siena...even Chianti Senese is a pretty drive. However, if you have the time I would suggest moving yourself towards Montepertoli and that area for some of your other day trips - so that you are not spending all your time on the road.

Montespertoli is a good area for a day trip to Florence, Prato, Lucca, Pisa and San Gimignano - and there are several places that will still give you wide open spaces.

I especially enjoyed Villa le Torri, Agriturismo Montalbino and Tenuta Quadrifoglio.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thank you! I really did not want to move places I wanted to stay in one place for the week. Then again I do not want to spend a lot of time driving. Any suggestions where to stay in the middle?

In the middle

Hi -

You could look at Borgo Argenina, which is located in the Chianti Senese...which means the Siena part of Chianti. Thus you get Chianti but you are also positioned for an easy trip to Arezzo, Montepulciano and Cortona.

Have Fun,

Donna Denise