Need Help w/ 6 Day Tuscany Itinerary

nanagt

My husband and I are going to be in Tuscany for 6 days. We have both already been to Florence so are going to skip it, but we plan on visiting Siena, Greve in Chianti, Castellina in Chianti, San Gimignano, Volterra, Montalcino, and Montepulciano. We plan on renting a car to get around.

First, do you think we will have enough time in 6 days to visit all of these cities, walk around a little, and visit wineries? And do you think it would be worth adding Torgiano (the wine museum, etc.) to the list?

Second, should we plan on getting hotels in each city, or find a home base (and if so, any suggestions as to where our base should be)?

Finally, what do you think would be the best order for visiting these cities?

Thank you!

Where to stay

Buongiorno,

If you are not going to be visiting Florence, and those are the cities you are most interested in, then I would suggest looking at some place between Siena and Montepucliano/Cortona (which by the way Cortona/Arezzo would be great additions to your itin.)

I have visited Borgo Argenina or you could look at San Giovanni in Poggio, which is lovely.

As for the wine museum, this area will make it an easy day trip: driving by Lago Trasimeno, Assisi/Perugia and then Torgiano. However, there are several nice wine museums in Chianti: Casa del Vino near Radda, one in Greve in Chianti and then also in Montespertoli....just saying...in case you didn't want to leave the confines of Tuscany :eek:

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise