Firenze a Assisi

Mantinij

Is it possible to do a day trip from Firenze to Assisi? I looked at the train schedule, but it takes too long to get there for a day visit.

With train it takes too long, it is very difficult to make it a day trip from Florence - car is the way to go.

If you don't want to drive, the next best thing is a tour where you go by bus direct from Florence - check the first 3 options on here: https://www.partner.viator.com/en/13618/search/assisi+from+florence

The third one is a private tour, as opposed to the first which is most definitely a large group one (you can tell by the price).

Hi

Hi, Lourdes..

I want to see cortona.. we'll be staying in Atlantic Palace near Firenze S.M. Novella from March 28-30.. Whats the best thing to do to maximize our stay.. TY

Side trip to Cortona from Firenze S. M. Novella

Is it possible to do a day trip from Firenze to Assisi? I looked at the train schedule, but it takes too long to get there for a day visit.

I would like to see the beautiful Cortona. WIll be in Florence by MArch 28-30 before going to Venice.. Any suggestion on how I can visit Cortona and what else to see there.

Thank you.

Visiting Cortona

Buongiorno,

You can visit Cortona by:
- renting a car and driving out there (about a 2 hour drive)

- taking the train, which will take you to the base of the hill for Cortona then you will need to catch a bus up to the top of the hill (and the city) -- about a 2 hour trip

- or you could look into an organized tour - many of which will include Assisi - and Cortona or Perugia, Assisi and Cortona.

Since the train and the car (time-wise) are just about the same...I would go with the train and save on the cost of the car - and the hassle of driving. The roads from Florence to Cortona are good - but the last leg of the journey is a one lane in each direction and with the local traffic sometimes it can slow you down a bit....however a car will give you the freedom to to stop in Arezzo or one of the other small towns near Cortona like: Castiglion Fiorentino or Lucignano.

And if I were going to compare the benefits and costs of an organized with a do it yourself...I think it comes down to how comfortable you feel driving in Tuscany and if you will truly be able to enjoy the scenery and relax while you are navigating the roads...

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise