Honeymoon to Chianti

Kya

I'm trying to plan a honeymoon trip for late September/early October 2017 and I'm having a very hard time making decisions. Neither my husband or I have been to Italy but we aren't seeking the tourist-y attractions..more like a secluded, just-us trip.

My only requirements are a GREAT view and a big bathtub. We don't care about visiting any cities really, but a small town nearby would be nice. It will most likely be a 3 or 4 day trip (unless we decide to go to Milan as well, then it will be a 10 day trip but 3 days in Tuscany). I suppose we aren't super partial to Chianti, I've just heard a lot about it. My husband really likes the outdoors and manly-type things so spas and shopping aren't a priority. We'd love a winery tour to a few wineries and ideally some type of cheese (and pasta, but mostly cheese) experience, we love cheese lol although not a deciding factor. I would really enjoy a large garden to walk around also! Any input, even if it's not Chianti, would be very much appriciated :)

K&J

I would highly recommend you take a look at Villa il Poggiale - and ask for the suite that has this beautiful bathroom with tub. They are just outside San Casciano so you can have the town nearby for evenings out, or dine in at the villa (only for guests so very cozy).
They can organize the wine tours around the area as well as cheese tastings or olive oil tastings.
The gardens have great views, and even if you're not interested in the spa per se, they do treatments for couples in their small spa center (lower level of the villa).

Will you have your own car or means of transport? I think you can ask for help with organizing transport to them if you're just planning to stay in most of the time and do the wine tastings as a private tour -- but if you want to do stuff on your own, I'd recommend renting a car while there so you can roam around Chianti.