Florence to Montalcino to Siena in late March/April

JC2287

Hello! I am looking for suggestions...I am looking to stay in Florence for 2 nights in late March (specifically a Thursday and Friday night), followed by one night in Montalcino (Saturday), and one night in Siena (sunday), before heading back to Milan where I am flying out on Monday at 4:00pm. I am trying to fit in as much as possible - as we are planning on renting a car to drive from Florence. We are very into small family owned wineries, and local/charming restaurants. We would love your suggestions. We would be doing most of our wine tasting (most likely going to book a driver/tour) on Saturday, and then drive on Sunday to spend the day in Siena - as I had read how charming and beautiful it was. Please let me know your thoughts on this - and if it's feasible to drive from Siena back to Florence on Monday morning - to then take the highspeed train back to Milan to be in time for our flight at 4pm (I read it's a 2 hour train ride?) Thank you SO MUCH in advance!:D

Siena & Montalcino

Buongiorno,

If you are going to get a car and driver for the wine tasting day - then you could just take the bus to Siena, stay there and have the driver pick you up at your hotel and drive you around before bringing you back to the hotel. I actually would suggest basing yourself in Siena for both nights. Montalcino is not that far away and if someone else is driving then you can truly relax. This article has a few ideas of wineries you can visit in the land of Brunello.

OR you could just price out having the driver pick you up in Florence and take you to your hotel in Siena after going on your wine. The next day you can visit Siena and then you can take the bus back to the train station) Monday morning - remember to check the time schedules.

Two hotels to check out in Siena are:

http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/hotel-palazzetto-rosso.html
http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/hotel-athena.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise