First Time in Tuscany!

vernod

Hi,

We are planning to visit Tuscany in mid July and stay at the Marriott Renaissance Il Ciocco. There are 12 of us (9 adults and 3 children) and we will be driving down from Venice (since taking a train seems to difficult).

But, after reading up some more, it seems this may not be the best area for a base as it is quite far from places like Siena, San Giminago, etc. which are apparently the best places to visit in Tuscany.

Should I stay at the Marriott or look for something else? I am keen on countryside but with kids around, access to food/restaurants is important too.

Thanks!

Marriot

Buongiorno,

It appears to be a lovely hotel, however if you are looking at traveling to some of the major sites in Tuscany, you may find that the hour drive down to Lucca will add a lot of time to heading towards to Siena - San Gimignano - even Florence.

I vacationed in the area of Barga and the Garfagnana last summer -and I truly loved it. But I understand that I live here, and I already visited and knew the major sites.

Even moving closer to Lucca will already save you some time especially for first time visitors to Tuscany.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise