Pistoia weather in August

DK1

Hi, am looking to base myself in Pistoia for the month of August for a writing retreat. I've not been there before or to Tuscany in August. Will the city be very hot, humid? Being in a valley between mountains does that make it oppressive or is there any breeze? Also, I know Florence had a mosquito issue in
Summer, is that true for Pistoia as well? Don't want to stay in any busy seaside resort. Won't have a car. If you have any suggestions for easily accessible towns that won't be overrun but might be cooler I'd love to hear. Thanks.

August in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

Mosquitoes can be a probable where ever you go in Tuscany - though sometimes we feel like Florence is particularly well endowed!

Pistoia is a great little town to live and explore, especially since you are at the base of Mount Cimone and Abetone where you will find local buses that will transport you to the cool mountain forests.

Pistoia is also on a major train line and you will have great connection to Pisa, Lucca and Florence. The idea of residing in the heart of a city which is also the cultural capital of Italy for 2017 - there is a calendar full of events, concerts and festivals. I have seen several meetings on writing and book presentations. It is a really hopping this year.

Where ever you decide to stay, confirm that they have AC or a fan for your use. August is hot and anywhere in Tuscany will present the same type of climate. I think you should concentrate on a town that will offer an active social scene, good public transport and lots of green areas.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise