18 days in Tuscany and Cinque Terre Itinerary

CharlotteX

Hello, I am planning a trip with a friend. We're fortunate that we have a friend to stay with in Sieci, near Florence, for our Florence portion. I would like input on my proposed itinerary and also to know the best approach for Cinque Terre, which will include Portofino and Porto Venere. Itinerary:
Day 1: arrive in Pisa airport and spend the night
Day 2-5: Cinque Terre, staying in Vernazza but we want to visit all 5 'terre' plus Portofino and Porto Venere.
Day 6: Lucca, spend the night
Day 7: Sieci
Day 8: Sieci, Prato, Fiesole
Day 9: Florence (Easter Sunday)See the Carro, Duomo and anything that may be open
Day 10-13: Monteriggioni, Siena (stay 3 nights), Pienza, Montepulciano
Day 14-15: San Gimignano, Volterra (stay 2 nights)
Day 16-20: Florence
Day 21: depart from Florence airport

We're traveling March 23-April 11. The only portions we want to use a car are the two trips to the Siena and Volterra areas.

Buongiorno,

It looks as if you are giving yourself time to take it easy - even if it is a very full schedule.

My first consideration is what time are you arriving in Pisa? and are you leaving yourself anytime to visit this beautiful city?

Next, Cinque Terre in March...not a lot to see and do, the season has yet to open up and you will find that the trails and outdoor activities will be limited. You really can see everything in two days.

I imagine you are giving Sieci a full day because you will be hanging with your friend, it is a charming small town but a morning visit, or an afternoon will probably cover most of what there is to see, where as Prato and Fiesole could both take a day each to explore it all.

I would put Monteriggioni together with San Gimignano and Volterra - it would make a lovely morning coffee and walk about, but it is very small and in an hour or two you will have seen it all. Then head to San Gim and stay the night and enjoy an early morning stroll before heading over to Volterra.

Siena, Pienza, Montepulciano (maybe even Montalcino, don't forget their wine, and my favorite: Bagno Vignoni) three nights is good

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise