www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Tuscany places to see/do

Default Tuscany places to see/do

My husband and I are traveling to Tuscany for 3 days in June. We will be renting a car in Florence and hope to see some great towns/cities. Where should we go to make the most of our time there? Where should we stay for a central location? What are MUST sees?

Siena
    Montepulciano
    Lucca
    Pisa

Help me make a plan to make the most of our time in Tuscany.

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

3 days will fly by! I am assuming you have some days beforehand to see Florence? How many? I say plan for at least 2, if you can.

I would do a day in Siena, another day exploring Chianti and San Gimignano. and the last day spent between either Pisa and Lucca or head south of Siena to explore the Val d'Orcia. I would suggest staying somewhere near Siena, such as around Castellina in Chianti area or south of Siena. Check out San Giovanni in Poggio for a great base south of Siena and Borgo di Pietrafitta for north of Siena -- keep in mind there are many places but many rent out for a week, so you have to choose for the "hotel" type setups that allow just 3 day stay.
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.