Is Arezzo a good place to stay in Tuscany

Jillt

My husband and I just got back from a two week trip to Tuscany and loved it so much we have decide to go next May for a month. We plan to rent an apartment and are looking for a city/town where in the evenings we can walk to different restaurants and enjoy the Italian lifestyle. We will be renting a car but still prefer to walk in the evenings. Anyone have any suggestions on a good place to stay that’s big enough to have some variety for a months stay but also not to large. We are looking at Arezzo but would like some input if anyone has stayed there. Thanks

Is Arezzo good?

Buongiorno,

Arezzo is fabulous!

I live nearby and frequently use it as a base for many activities. This is one of those hidden gems that sees more Italian tourism than it does international - but only because they are not actively looking to draw the tourist and not because it doesn't have a lot to see or do - to the contrary...it is loaded!

There are several lovely restaurants within the city center and the outskirts, and the city, though situated around a hill, is contained and easy to navigate. You will also find that the trains are frequent to many places (Florence, Cortona, and Casentino)and it is only a short distance from the autostrada and main roads that go to Siena, Cortona, and Anghiari.

I definitely recommend you staying in this city. In fact, another forum guest had asked for something off of the tourist grid - this would be a great option for just that.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Arezzo

Thanks Donna, we really like the idea of a small town with a local bar and coffee shop but worried that since we’re staying a month we needed someplace bigger. Arezzo has some great AirB&B at great prices but I was just concerned it was to large a city and we couldn’t get that neighbourhood feel.

Neighborhood feel

I believe you will, people are very habit prone when you talk about local cafe/bars. They have a routine and stick to the same one all the time - BUT I suggest you vary it up quite a bit!!.

One of my fave places is Cattive Abbitudine, its has great pastries and a very complete lunch / dinner buffet. It is located on the outskirts.

Enjoy the city!!

Donna Denise