Recommend an Itinerary

Cityhike

What do you recommend for a route and interesting stops along the way for our drive from Florence to our hotel in the San Gimignano countryside?

For the next day (our only full day out in the Tuscan countryside), what would you recommend for our family of 4 (2 teenage sons / we would've spent a lot of time in museums and churches in Rome and Florence by the time we get to Tuscany)? Should we spend the entire day in Siena or combine it with other destinations?

The next day, we will drive back to Florence to catch our train to Rome in the early afternoon -

Thank you,

Traveling with teens

Buongiorno,

I get the challenge of traveling with teens - I have one visiting me from the States now, and she continuously surprises me with what excites her --- and what doesn't.

I have done this itinerary several times, and I believe it has a mix of activities, the sidebar includes an itinerary suggestion - it would be like taking the long road, but it would fill your day with a few interesting stops along the way. Where it says starting from Florence you could concievably go as far as Castellina and then over to San Gimignano. OR instead of Castellina go over towards Poggibonsi especially the castello di Staggia.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise