www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Recommend an Itinerary

Default Recommend an Itinerary

What do you recommend for a route and interesting stops along the way for our drive from Florence to our hotel in the San Gimignano countryside?

For the next day (our only full day out in the Tuscan countryside), what would you recommend for our family of 4 (2 teenage sons / we would've spent a lot of time in museums and churches in Rome and Florence by the time we get to Tuscany)? Should we spend the entire day in Siena or combine it with other destinations?

The next day, we will drive back to Florence to catch our train to Rome in the early afternoon -

Thank you,

DonnaDenise is offline Super Moderator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Default Traveling with teens

Buongiorno,

I get the challenge of traveling with teens - I have one visiting me from the States now, and she continuously surprises me with what excites her --- and what doesn't.

I have done this itinerary several times, and I believe it has a mix of activities, the sidebar includes an itinerary suggestion - it would be like taking the long road, but it would fill your day with a few interesting stops along the way. Where it says starting from Florence you could concievably go as far as Castellina and then over to San Gimignano. OR instead of Castellina go over towards Poggibonsi especially the castello di Staggia.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Would they enjoy a bike ride? Since you're in San Gimignano you could take a bike ride to Monteriggioni (walled castle) - take a look at more details here: https://www.discovertuscany.com/tusc...ano-siena.html
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!