extra days in Tuscany

Little Drum

Hello, my partner and I are heading to Saturnia in Tuscany from Rome on Sept 21 and looking for recommendations on a few of things:
1. renting a car. Where would you recommend we rent a car from and is it possible to rent from one location and return to another as we are ending our time in Tuscany in La Spezia and then heading up to Venice.

2. We have accommodation in Saturnia from Sept 21-23 and then have 3 days/nights where we have not yet booked anything. Wondering if you could recommend someplace to go for 3 nights that would be central, beautiful and well suited for day trips, experiencing cooking classes, wine and rest. Sept 26 we check into our Air Bnb in La Spezia. the place in La Spezia is beautiful, so could always add an extra night there, but looking for your recommendations.

3. Looking for cooking class recommendations in any of our locations. Preferably family run, fun classes.

Thank you!

I would suggest two possibilities, both quite central and both offering cooking classes directly so that you can "kill two birds with one stone" ;)
- Villa Dianella just outside Empoli near Leonardo da Vinci's home - winery so also offers winery visit and tastings
- Casolare di Libbiano - not far from San Gimignano.

Both are B&Bs and central to make good bases to go see Siena, Chianti, and Florence.

As far as car rentals, yes you can return in different location, it would make sense to rent in Rome and return in La Spezia so that you can use the car the whole time you are in Tuscany. Saturnia definitely needs a car to get to!

Thank you!

Much gratitude Lourdes for your assistance! We have now booked ourselves into Casalore di Libbiano and will do a cooking class with them as well.