Visiting the Coast in October

laurainmissions

Hello all,

I’m working on finalizing plans for my trip to Italy with my mom in October. We have a free day while based in San Gimignano and were thinking that we could maybe spend a good part of a day somewhere on the coast. Any suggestions? Obviously it's not beach weather but we'd like a place to wander, walk the shore, check out some shops (especially if they sell anything different from other parts of tuscany), and have a nice lunch. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Laura

San Gimignano coastal daytrips

Buongiorno,

It is possible to do a day trip to the coast from San Gim - have a look at this article, especially number 4. The beaches of Cecina are about a 20-minute drive from these two towns.
https://www.discovertuscany.com/san-gimignano/day-trips-from-san-gimignano.html

Or you could head over towards Bolgheri and then the beaches at Marina di Bibbona (award-winning) and the Marina di Castagneto Carducci.

You will find places open in the towns away from the coast - but along the beaches, don't expect to find much open in October. With the close of the beach season there are no more tourists,and except for the weekends many places just close.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise