How far is Ascoli Piceno?

mich5449

On my extended stay, I would like to visit Ascoli Piceno where my grandfather's family is from and see if there are any long lost relatives.

Would you please tell me how far away from the Tuscan region it is and what is the best way to get there?

Thanks!

Tuscany to Ascoli Piceno

Buongiorno,

I have never been to Ascoli Piceno - however, looking at the map, it appears to be about a 4-hour drive from Florence. You would be passing through some lovely places and could take your time stopping in Arezzo, Cortona, Assisi, Perugia, Spello or even Spoleto (I have visited all of these places, and they are very characteristic of the area). You could easily integrate the travel over there into your itinerary and see lots of wonderful places and things along the way. The roads are secondary and many times two lanes in each direction. Though the closer you get to your final destination, the more narrow the roads will become (one lane in each direction.

From Florence, you could also take the train. It is approximately 5 hours via train - the only downer is there are lots of changeovers - :(

https://www.google.it/maps/dir/Flor...6e0!7e2!8j1535961600!3e0!5i2?hl=en&authuser=0

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise