www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: From Fiesole to Florence

Stev is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default From Fiesole to Florence

Hi all, I'll visit Tuscany in November with some EN friends and I just discovered the "way of the Gods" it should be a route connecting Fiesole to Florence..is that true?
    I've read about it on this blog, not sure if I can do that trail by car:
    https://www.avis.co.uk/inspires/adve...y-and-liguria/

have you ever done it? walking or driving? Any tips on road trips in Tuscany, around Florence?

thanks!

craigmillar is offline Senior Member - Expert about Tuscany

This link makes me laugh - for those of Florence or Fiesole it is a simple journey though at the same time attractive. A more interesting driving experience may be to the top of the Vallombrosa or the Passo della Consuma which leads to Poppi which is considered one of the locations with the best diet in Italy - i.e. the world!

DonnaDenise is offline Super Moderator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Buongiorno,

I have heard about the trail - though I will be sincere I have never personally but my colleagues (who are avid hikers) have hiked it a while ago and they were very impressed with the area and the natural beauty. If you are coming in from the north, I do encourage you to check it out. It is pretty well marked with road signs and trails.

Mugello is often overlooked - but the area has lots to offer and November will promise you lots of local specialties, especially chestnuts!!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Ciao Stev,

If you love hiking, then make sure to plan the time outdoors in Tuscany as there are a LOT of lovely areas and trails.

The "Via degli Dei" is a trail between Florence and Bologna - a little over 100km. It overlaps over other CAI trails in the Mugello valley. The part between Fiesole and Florence is very short (less than 7km from center to center but less considering the two towns touch each other) but uphill if taken from Florence, downhill if taken from Fiesole.

I am sure some parts overlap state roads and, in theory, can be done by car.... but, in general, consider it as a hiking trail.
    For more hiking in Mugello (and other itineraries, including by car), take a look at the official site for the Mugello area: https://www.mugellotoscana.it/en/natura/hiking/
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!