www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Visiting wineries in Panzano without car

jlasalle1 is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Visiting wineries in Panzano without car

Is there a taxi in Panzano? WE are taking the bus from Florence to Panzano and want to visit some of the wineries in Panzano. Are there any wineries within walking distance?

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

There is one taxi service in the area, but it doesn't work like a taxi stand, you need to call them and book ahead of time.
    I would suggest getting in touch, asking for price estimates and, if you want to go ahead, booking a date and time so that you know you will have the transport. Don't wait until the last minute. They are called Chianti Taxi - http://www.chiantitaxi.com/

The alternative and one you should consider, is rather than take a bus from Florence to Panzano and then arrange a taxi, is to get a tour directly from Florence. You can either for go a private tour (such as this one) or join a small or larger tour group (shared costs) that will take you directly from Florence into Chianti to several wine estates for wine tastings. Check out some tours here:
    http://tours.discovertuscany.com/en/.../d26111-g6-c21
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!

arkeba is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

HI,
    my wife and I stayed in Tuscany in January, a really fantastic place !!
    Absolutely to visit Lucca and Pisa. We also did the wine tour, and we hired a taxi with driver ( Chianti Winetasting Tour )
    If you need more information, ask us. We also ate in excellent restaurants

Riccardo & Stefanie