Help with planning 11 nights in Tuscany Driving from Bologna and back to Bologna

Dawn Felix

Hi, My husband and I will be hiring a car from Bologna for 11 nights in late October 2019 and returning to Bologna before heading to Rome by train.
I have been getting a bit confused as to where to stay. We would like to avoid major cities as we have seen most and would like to see more "smaller towns or villages. We also want to visit Cinque Terre.
We would like to stay in a villa or country side location where we can do "day Trips" to the smaller towns.
We only want to stay in 2-3 different places (maximum) to avoid travelling too much.
any advise on itinerary would be appreciated. Thanks Dawn

Hi, My husband and I will be hiring a car from Bologna for 11 nights in late October 2019 and returning to Bologna before heading to Rome by train.
I have been getting a bit confused as to where to stay. We would like to avoid major cities as we have seen most and would like to see more "smaller towns or villages. We also want to visit Cinque Terre.
We would like to stay in a villa or country side location where we can do "day Trips" to the smaller towns.
We only want to stay in 2-3 different places (maximum) to avoid travelling too much.
any advise on itinerary would be appreciated. Thanks Dawn

Hi, we are just staying in lovely cottage next to Volterra, lovely place, I can fully recommend it

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14315821