www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: 5 nights in Tuscany with 2 bases

daliaga is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default 5 nights in Tuscany with 2 bases

Hello- 4 of us who are food and wine lovers are planning 5 nights in Tuscany. We plan to drive north from Rome in a rental car and would like to spend 2 nights in the countryside before going to Florence for 3 nights. Some people have recommended places like Pienza and Cortona, but I am looking for some additional ideas. The focus will be wine tasting. We found a beautiful relais in Panzano, but that is over 3 hours from Rome and isn’t too far from Florence. I thought about Siena, but it seems like a bigger city so maybe we should consider a smaller town like Montalcino or Montepulciano. I am personally a wine collector in America and would love access to premier wineries and still be close enough to great restaurant options. Thanks!

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

I agree, a better base would be southern Tuscany --- anywhere between Montepulciano and Montalcino, it is a large area but covers both wine areas so you can explore everything in between. I personally love Pienza and San Quirico d'Orcia for the stunning countryside and views. Here's a list of places just to get you started on some possibilities: https://www.discovertuscany.com/vald...al-dorcia.html

The area will not disappoint as regards food and wine! Enjoy
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.