Contact Info for Lourdes Flores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello David,

I took a few days of vacation last week and thus it hasn't been easy to get on the computer and check the forum as often as I wanted.... but I'm back and checking all the posts and will be busy just trying to catch up ;-).

If you have questions, feel free to post here and I'll try to answer as soon as I can!

Visiting Florence in August 2015

Hi, Lourdes
I have been reading your posts on Visit Florence and I wanted to get your thoughts on what to do in Florence during my short visit. I will be in Florence for two days only, so I have been trying to do an itinerary, but I am not sure of what to do. I know I want to visit the Academia museum and Duomo. I was hoping to get ideas of what is the best itinerary for my short visit. I also wanted to take a side morning trip to Pisa.
What are your thoughts. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Elena

Ciao Elena,

Here are some of the top sights to see that you can fit in 2 days (most without going in but seeing from outside):
http://www.visitflorence.com/itineraries-in-florence/two-days-in-florence.html

You will not be able to fit them all, but pick and choose.... and you can add in a morning in Pisa easily. Take the train (1hr there and another back) and spend the morning there, maybe coming back after lunch ;)

Hi Lourdes

I am writing because somehow I ended up in your blog and wanted to ask you some questions... my wife and I are planning to move to Italy (both work in the TV industry and are very tired and stressed...burned) She has an Italian passport (her father side) and I have my Spanish passport (both my parents) We also have some money saved but want to rent first to see how it goes... We were born in Venezuela... It is ok if we get in touch to get some advice from you? thanks in advance for your kindness and arrivederci...
Francisco Santana

Ciao Francisco and welcome to our forum!

Yes, of course, feel free to write and ask for advice. I'd suggest starting a new thread for your questions about renting or moving here for the long-term --- I am sure that any questions or doubts you have are shared by others, so without posting personal details, you should ask away and I (and any others who can) will offer advice and suggestions as far as we are able!

Wish you the very best in this new adventure you are considering - life is too short to stay in an unhappy or stressed out situation so I highly support you researching the possibility of leaving it all behind and starting over, maybe really changing life ;-)

How is the long stay working out?

I'm curious how it's gone for you so far Francisco.
I see you originally posted in late 2015.
Being in the real estate industry in California, United States I know it can be stressful at times myself although I accept it as part of my career. My wife and I have thought about living in Tuscany for a while once our kids are able to stand on their own. It could be 5-6 years from now. For the time being I am visiting Tuscany for a week only. Not enough time to scout locations but hopefully we'll be back in a year or two with more time to scout for long term rental/possible purchase?
We'll see.

Ciao Manuel,

I definitely recommend coming over for a short vacation and seeing how you like it. Visiting and living are two very different things, but if you are considering such a move, I would suggest also coming between now and then (over the next 5 years) for a longer stretch of time, a month or even two, to sample what the day to day life here can be like.

A move isn't easy, as there are also many documents to take care of... so if you like it, you can start looking into all the details, such as house, visa documents, etc.

Have you already visited in the past? Even during your short week, I would suggest you stay in the place or area where you would like to live in, to "test" it out ;)

Testing out the areas

Hi Lourdes,
I haven't visited the area before. Next month will be first time we do. And yes, before anything else, my wife and I would have an extended stay in the area to really get a feel for what it'd be like to live in the area for months at a time. Moving permanently is not in the plans but rather a few months out the year (when you have benign weather)
Just a thought at this time and that's how we've done most thing together.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Multiday route for Tuscany, Allegra Travels

Hi Lourdes,
My name is Esteban Jaramillo, GM of Allegra Travels.
We are looking to expand our portfolio to Italy and want to start with Tuscany.
We want to design two routes in the region, a 5 days route and a 3 days route.
The 5 days route will include destinations such as: Florence, Siena, Pisa, San Gimigiano, Monterigioni, Montepulciano, Piensa, Montalcino (?), Lucca and Cinque Terre. We will be based mostly in Florence but I know we will have to spend a couple of nights somewhere else.
The 3 days route will be simpler and focused in the towns around Florence (which we will use as a base).
Do you think you can give us a quotation for these two routes?
You can check out our website
Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.