public transport Sienna to Greve to Florence

Granger

My wife and I will be in Sienna on our honeymoon mid October and are looking to find out how we might get from Sienna to Greve without renting a car.

I have found bus information on getting from Greve to Florence (the next destination on our trip), but cannot find any way to get to Greve without first going up to Florence.

Is there any way to avoid this backtracking?

Thanks
Granger

Public Transports from Siena to Greve in Chianti

Dear Granger,

first of all congratulations for your upcoming wedding :)

From Siena to Greve in Chianti there are actually no direct buses or other kind of transports. You have to go first from Siena to Castellina in Chianti and then to Greve in Chianti.

The bus from Siena to Castellina in Chianti you take TRA-IN bus 125. Here you have the bus schedules.

Then from Castellina to Greve in Chianti you take SITA bus 365 and here you have its schedules. Then from Greve to Florence you take the same bus line 365.

I recommend you visit our guide for Chianti and read other threads in the forum to find helpful information for your honeymoon in Tuscany.

I hope this help you and you won't hesitate to come back with other questions :)

Siena to Castellina in Chianti to Greve bus

Thanks Valentia;

I looked at the bus schedules and while there seems to be lots of service from Siena to Castellina there are very few buses from Castellina to Greve. (this assumes I am reading the schedule correctly).

Might there be something I am missing on the schedule, and if there really are no good connections, is it easy to take a taxi? (Of course the next question is do you happen to know approximately what a taxi would cost?)

Thanks

From Castellina to Greve

Dear Granger,

I'm sorry to say that you read the schedules correctly: there is only one bus early in the morning. There are no other connections from Castellina to Greve. It seems incredible to me as well. :confused:

In Castellina in Chianti there are no proper taxis, but private transfer companies. The transfer from Castellina to Greve should cost about 30 euros. You can email and ask the owners at your accommodation for more information. I'm sure they can recommend and book the transfer for you and your wife.

Otherwise if you don't want to rent a car, the best way from Siena to Greve in Chianti is, unfortunately for you, to pass through Florence first. At the end, this option seems to be the best.

I hope this helps and I am sorry to confirm such lousy bus schedules :/