short tours

alexandra

Hi

Am travelling from London april 20 2011 to Tuscany. Which 3-5 day tours in Tuscany would be recommended by the forum?

tours or itineraries?

Ciao Alexandra,

Are you interested in completely organized tours for 3-5 days or just ideas of itineraries to follow in a 3-5 day trip in Tuscany?

Since there are questions that come up often, we've created some general itineraries from which to start - here are some ideas if you have 3 days in Tuscany or have 5 days to spend in Tuscany.
You can then personalize according to your preferences and interests.

If instead you were thinking of an organize tour, I highly recommend this tour of Tuscany offered by Eliseo. They offer accommodation, meals and transportation, which makes everything really easy. Otherwise, for specific day tours such as food & wine related, I'd recommend the cooking classes and wine tastings offered by Vinarium based in Florence. They are really varied so there is surely something that will appeal to you.
If you want just a day long tour, take a look at this one and the other Tuscany tours here.

Let us know if I've completely missed in replying to your question or if these have been helpful!

Are there any tour guides that customize and guide you on a "walking tour" of Florence that are reasonably priced? With limited time, I am wondering if maybe it is better to hire someone that is more knowledgeable to help get us to all of the attractions. I'm becoming overwhelmed with the sites that I want to see, and how to get to each one, with only a few days.

walking tours in Florence

Ciao Caribgirl,

There are definitely lots of tours that offer walking tours of Florence for half a day or a full day - just an example is this one (47 euro for morning tour, 105 euro full day tour with lunch included).

The historical center in Florence is really small and walkable. You can see a lot in a day or two but not seeing everything in detail. It really depends on how you wish to experience Florence and how you're feeling at that point in your trip - how many museums do you want to fit in? When I first came to Italy, I wanted to see everything but there are only so many museums and religious art you can take before you feel the need to stay outdoors and just enjoy the atmosphere while enjoying some gelato ;)

If you like what you see, you can always come back and explore Florence in more days and enjoy it more slowly. If you don't see everything this trip, it's a very good reason to have an excuse to come back!! :D