Where can I buy uncooked chicken and beef?

holliday

Thanks to your site, I have found the perfect accommodations (with full kitchen) near Siena. Because of my special health needs, I will have to prepare all my meals. So now, I just need to find out how I can purchase raw chicken and beef (sensitive to pork). Will Siena have butcher shops that offer these? Also, do any of the supermarkets/grocery stores sell Evian water?

Any help would be great, as this is the last important information that will make my trip possible. :)

Glad we could be of help!

Yes, there are butcher shops in all towns, even the smaller villages. You'll find lots of variety for meat and chicken there, as well as at supermarkets.

As far as Evian water - no, there isn't any here in Italy because there are many, many Italian natural springs without the need to import more water. I am sure you will be able to find something similar - all of the water bottle labels have detailed info on mineral composition. Some examples: Ferrarelle, San Benedetto, Panna (Tuscan), Cintoia (Tuscan), Sant'Anna, Fiugi, Lete, Levissima, Rocchetta, Ulivetto, San Pelligrino.... just to name a few!

Glad we could be of help!

Yes, there are butcher shops in all towns, even the smaller villages. You'll find lots of variety for meat and chicken there, as well as at supermarkets.

As far as Evian water - no, there isn't any here in Italy because there are many, many Italian natural springs without the need to import more water. I am sure you will be able to find something similar - all of the water bottle labels have detailed info on mineral composition. Some examples: Ferrarelle, San Benedetto, Panna (Tuscan), Cintoia (Tuscan), Sant'Anna, Fiugi, Lete, Levissima, Rocchetta, Ulivetto, San Pelligrino.... just to name a few!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

you're very welcome! if you check online some of the compositions for those brands, I am sure you might find something similar to Evian and come knowing which brand is the one you want - it should make shopping a little easier/faster ;)