www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Breakfast in Tuscany

Default Breakfast in Tuscany

We are renting an apartment in a farmhouse in the Crete Senesi in May. The farmhouse does not provide breakfast and while we will have a small kitchen, we are looking for places to eat breakfast and have an espresso in the morning. We'd like to try to find a place in one of the small towns by where we are staying (San Giovanni in Poggio). Does anyone have suggestions??

Thanks!
    Melanie

Default Breakfast in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

Any bar and cafe in the town of Monteroni d'Arbia or Isola d'Arbia will offer "breakfast" - The Italian idea of breakfast is coffee (espresso, cafe latte or cappuccino) and a pastry (or two )

Personally half the fun of find a good breakfast is trying the out. But if I were to give one word of advice - look first for a PASTICCERIA because they make their own sweets. Personally - I would avoid the two bars in front of the COOP supermarket in Monteroni d'Arbia.

In Isola d'Arbia you could check out Ristora il Pelligrino - I stopped there for a snack while hiking a piece of the via Francigena...and they were very friendly.

But if you have the time, at least once head towards to Buonconvento - a bit larger, prettier and more bars/cafes to choose from.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise