www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: What's open on Christmas

Default What's open on Christmas

Hi there,

I would like to know what places (churches, palaces, monuments) in Florence I will find open to visit on 25th december.

Thanks

Joao

Ciao Joao,

We update this article every year with info on what's open in Florence on the Christmas holidays - so take a look since it will likely be very similar, with some updates done a few weeks before.

http://www.visitflorence.com/christm...eum-hours.html
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Lourdes View Post
    Ciao Joao,

We update this article every year with info on what's open in Florence on the Christmas holidays - so take a look since it will likely be very similar, with some updates done a few weeks before.

http://www.visitflorence.com/christm...eum-hours.html
    Hi Lourdes.
    I will take advantage of this day in the afternoon to visit the wonderfull chapels of Santa Maria Novella and Santa Trinità. In the morning, I'll stroll through the piazzas del Duomo, della Signoria, della Repubblica as well as the ponte Vecchio contemplating the Arno river. The Piazzalale Michelangelo i'll visit the same day of Uffizi and Santa Croce.
    Thanks a lot!

Sounds like a great plan! generally all churches will be open for mass/services but not for visits so it is a good day to enjoy all of the outdoor architecture, the monuments and piazzas that are all in themselves things to see and admire
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lourdes View Post
    Sounds like a great plan! generally all churches will be open for mass/services but not for visits so it is a good day to enjoy all of the outdoor architecture, the monuments and piazzas that are all in themselves things to see and admire
    Santa Maria Novella is open in the afternoon for visits.Santa Trinità I don't know, but I guess so.

They have been open in the afternoons on past Christmas day's for visits for a few hours so it is likely you will be able to visit.... check that article again in early December before you come, we will have updated it with any new info we find out about ;-).

Share and Bookmark!