Florence

Maybe do a little research to see which things you like to do. You don't have to have a specific itinerary for this beautiful city. Just wander around and do whatever you encounter. Eat, drink, see, enjoy!

thank you

Maybe do a little research to see which things you like to do. You don't have to have a specific itinerary for this beautiful city. Just wander around and do whatever you encounter. Eat, drink, see, enjoy!

Yes, we are doing "research". Looking forward to it. We visited Rome for a week in 2011. It was sensational! Thank you.

Buongiorno,

One of my first suggestions would be to give a look/see at the events calendar where we have highlighted some of our favorite activities in October. It will be updated as we get closer to the actual month - but many events are annual and repeat each year (just another reason why we like them :cool:)

https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/october-in-florence.html

I also suggest you have a look through some of our prepared itineraries - which will give you a general outline of the important sites to see and how to organize your day to get the most out of your time in Florence.

https://www.visitflorence.com/itineraries-in-florence/

If you have any more precise questions - bring'em on! :p

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Ciao!!
Unfortunately yesterday we got into the restricted zone (we got to the front of duomo!) due to google maps mistake. How much is the fee we have to pay? We drived throght many streets until we got out of the laberintic zone full of tourists! And I'm really nervous about the price of the fee

Sorry to hear you got into the center, unfortunately, you cannot trust Google about the ZTL and the routes it might give you to reach a place inside the ZTL. I know from personal experience -- you really have to expect that if Google sends you through the center of Florence on a weekday during the day time, you cannot follow that route. You can AFTER the ZTL cameras are turned off in the evening.

Did you have a rental car? You just have to wait and the fine will arrive in the mail eventually. If I remember correctly, the fine varies across towns in Tuscany and can go from 100-300 euros. I don't remember precisely what it was in Florence, I believe I recall noting it was on the lower end. The only problem is this: if in your wandering around downtown you went through SEVERAL ZTL entrances before you exited, expect a fine for every time you did this :( it is one of the worst possible scenarios that can happen, know it is applied to residents and visitors alike. I hope this didn't happen. In the meantime, don't worry about it -- the police have 3 months in which to contact the rental agency to get your info, then it might take extra time for the letter to get to you. If they take longer than 3 months to get your info from the rental agency, then theoretically you do not have to pay the fine any longer as the fine has expired.