www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Climbing the Dome - but it's sold out!

Default Climbing the Dome - but it's sold out!

We are in Florence for Friday, Mar 30-Sun April 1 - Easter Weekend. I did not buy Dome tickets in time and now all the times are sold out for Friday and Saturday and it appears to be closed on Sunday. I am still going to buy the monument pass. However I was wondering if you have any tips for us to still get a chance to climb the dome even if all the time slots are sold. For example do we go first thing in the morning? Late in the date? I guess we are hoping that if we are there, maybe someone will miss their time, or that they may have extra openings for people who "walk up". Do you have any recommendations for me?

Thank you!
    Renee Thomas

DonnaDenise is offline Super Moderator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Default Climbing to the top

Buongiorno,

An alternative can be going with an organized tour, for example I have been on the VIP Tour and it includes a climb up to the top:
    https://www.visitflorence.com/floren...race-tour.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Lourdes is online now Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

They do have spots for "walk-ups" - go to the office first thing in the morning once you're here to buy your pass and book a time to climb up.
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!