www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Local Town/Village Markets

Default Local Town/Village Markets

Can you please tell me if such a thing happens in Italy? In France the local weekly market is a very popular and well attended attraction with stalls selling everything from fresh produce to local art and crafts goods. If such an event does occur in Italy is there a list published anywhere listing venues,times and days markets are held?
    9 weeks to go and counting, really looking forward to our visit.

Default Re: Local Town/Village Markets

I have found the answer to my question. Anyone else out there that needs local market information go to

http://www.tuscany.angloinfo.com/inf...40/markets.asp

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Default Local market days

Yep, every single town has their weekly market, the day changes but you'll always find it - with produce, local cheeses and other products as well as clothes and house items, from kitchen accessories to lines and that type of thing. A bit of everything!

The link you posted has a very good comprehensive list although just by looking at a few in Florence there are a few mistakes, most likely it needs to be updated. Days seem right, but take hours as as general guideline (also because they'll vary in summer).

Just a few more weeks, I am sure you'll love Tuscany!
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!

Share and Bookmark!