www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuscany 2015

Default Tuscany 2015

Ciao Lourdes"
    I am in the process of gathering information for a 2015 Tuscany vacation for about 7-8 friends for 8 days.I have been to Rome and Florence so my main destination is countryside.We plan on renting van or car's. Need Help with what places to go first. My plan is to save Florence for last 2 days for those that have not been since that is where we will be flying out from.Place's I am suggesting to the group are Siena ,Val D'orica,San Gimignano,Chianti and maybe other close by towns.Right now we may base ourselves in Siena or Chianti.
    Need help on where to start .Tuscany is now at the top of my bucket list and I must see the cypress tree's and rolling hills and flowers.

Default Re: Tuscany 2015

can anyone give any suggestion's or recommendations.

It's the weekend here - Now it's Sunday night at 10 PM. I'm sure Lourdes will be around tomorrow to give you some advice. Be patient.

I'm sorry didn't even think about that.

Ciao travelgirl, here I am! Sorry, but the weekend is spent chasing my little girl as she learns to crawl all over the place and even if I get a quick chance to check email on the go, if I try to reply, she thinks she can too and sticks her finger in to type. Kids these days are waaaay too smart and then I got a migraine on halfway on Monday which made it difficult to be on the computer... :/

Let's get to the planning: 8 days in Tuscany is a great amount of time, I definitely think it is about the minimum required to get to experience the region without feeling like you're rushed.
    You'll definitely need a car or van - if you're 8, I think a van would make things easier rather than renting two cars but, on the other hand, if the group wants some flexibility about maybe a part staying in at the farmhouse or doing something different, cars permit the group to split up. Also lanes can sometimes seem quite narrow, so the van will just require someone who feels comfortable for the challenge.

Where do you fly into? Florence as well? If you do, you can rent cars/van right at the airport and head out, then return to Florence the last days. What period of the year are you coming in?
    I'd suggest either a farmhouse or villa apartment/s where you'll have a shared pool and garden space. Depending on season, sometimes a whole week's stay is required. If that's the case, you could do a day trip into Florence during your week and only leave the last day in Florence.

The area closest to Siena would be ideal to base yourselves in: either to the north like in Castellina or to the south in the Crete Senesi. That would make traveling to Siena, San Gimiginano, Chianti and the Val d'Orcia easy to do. You can also add in Volterra, San Galgano Abbey, Arezzo, Cortona...

You should start by looking at the possible places where you might stay at - all of these are in the areas I suggested:
    near Castellina in Chianti
    Romitorio di Serelle
    Il Cellese
    Rocca di Cispiano
    south of Siena in the Crete Senesi
    Villa Corsanello
    Podere Cunina
    San Giovanni in Poggio

Then to get an idea of how to divide days (not in any order), here's a 7 days in Tuscany itinerary.

Ok, this just to get you started - let me know what else I can help with!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

thanks so much for replying and sorry you didn't feel well. Girl you know just what I want. 3 of the place's you suggested are on my list with Villa Corsanella at the top. We would have the entire villa ,the only drawback is if I book it then people start dropping off and their share will end up on the rest.Hopefully everyone will commit.The other's you listed will be backup.
    I am going to suggest to the group for us to fly into Florence on Friday and spend the night there for those that have never been before. Saturday get rental van or 2 car's and head to the villa.I have noticed on the rental car sites that most are manual.I agree if we have 2 car's instead of a van we don't all have to dothe same thing. My main goal is the countryside.I will have plenty of guestion's so please be patient with me. Thanks again.

Great! Yes, the entire villa Corsanello would also be ideal. I've had friends who get deposits for the villa from friends now when they book so that they don't drop out later on, otherwise their "deposit" is lost just an idea! Planning for 2015 is far ahead enough that if people commit now, they might even forget or have other things come up that make their plans change.
    Generally for accommodation the high season is July and August - if you're thinking of that period in 2015, you should book by September/October of the year before... so you have time before deciding and booking anything.

Don't worry, I'm generally here... sometimes with a few days absence but then I come back!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Great idea about the deposits.I am thinking of sometime in June so I will book early as possible next year. I think the 2nd choice for accomdation's will be San Giovanni in Poggio.That looks nice also.
    Thank's for all the great info.

you're very welcome! they both look like lovely spots, I've been in the area and it is fantastic by itself but both those villas/farmhouses also look great from which to enjoy the views

my next question is which electrical adaptor do we need for Tuscany--is it a 2 prong or 3 prong?

Share and Bookmark!