www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Thanks to all who answered my pre-trip questions & some tips

Default Thanks to all who answered my pre-trip questions & some tips

We had a wonderful time, despite it raining the two days we were in Firenze Going off season meant no delays at the attractions(less than 15 minutes at the Tower of Pisa, less than 10 at the Uffizi and less than 5 at the Accadem1a. The only reservations I made (and not in Tuscany) were for the Last Supper in Milan -- and they are absolutely a must.
    Check with your bank about pin numbers -- not all ATMs accept 4 digit pins, the Italians apparently use a 6 digit pin. That was a problem twice
    Go to Lucca
    In Firenze, look for Il Papiro shops -- if you're lucky, they'll be doing a demonstration of how they do the patterns on their paper
    Try the Frizzante - bubbling mineral water
    If possible, don't do the Uffizi and the Accademia the same day
    ALWAYS say Buon Giorno or Buona Sera first when you enter a shop, a restaurant, or wherever -- Manners count and your experience may suffer a bit if you don't
    Have a great time!

Lourdes is online now Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

So glad to hear all went well!! Thanks for sharing your tips with all of us too! Agree with all!
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!