www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coronavirus in Florence & Tuscany - UPDATES

Aloegator is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Quote Originally Posted by nelpep View Post
    Aloegator - once you get there please share your observations on this thread. I don't want to cancel my trip, but it seems where there is illness, I catch it. Roatan has the Norovirus going around and I got it and had to be put on the plane in a wheelchair and went to the ER once I got home. I am older, 67, but usually in very good health.

Lourdes - as always, thank you for your response. Please keep updates coming. Thank you!
    Hi, We just got back from Italy. Overall the virus didn't affect us very much. Mostly everything was open and the food and people of Italy were great but I think we were just lucky. It seems that during the last few planned days of our trip things began to get very bad in the country and our hotelier at one point tried to force us to stay in our room. Meanwhile in Rome outside people were walking their dogs and eating at corner cafes. We soon booked a flight out cutting our trip short a few days to get out of there. The airport in Rome seemed like we were fleeing a war zone with crowds of people trying to get out. I can't imagine what it's like now. Sadly I think the whole world is going to have similar problems.

svmuri is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

I hope that everything will be okay in a few months...
    Last edited by svmuri; March 18, 2020 at 10:03 AM.

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

We hope so, too. This is a pandemic that is in every single country in the world and hopefully, if we manage to not keep getting each other sick, we can make it out soon. It is still early to tell but the numbers in Italy seem to have reached a plateau and we hope they will keep falling over the next 2 weeks.

In the meantime, stay safe - by staying at home!
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.

Tab is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Shopping

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Florence in mid-July. While we are excited to see the museums (again) we would also like to do some shopping - mainly leather. Will shops be open again? I can find lots of information on opening of museums, but there is nothing about shops or restaurants.

What is the situation like? Will there be shops open or should we push the trip back a few weeks?
    Thanks

Edwina is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Tab is think you should go for your trip. I am sure you will good time there like Aloegator had. I don't think so shops will be close because government every where is in under pressure to open everything because of economic conditions. Go there and take care of social distancing at your own.
    Last edited by Edwina; September 15, 2020 at 04:42 AM.

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Currently there are many shops and museums in Florence that are open but not everything is. Many museums are open only on the weekends, from Friday through Sunday and many of the smaller museums open on specific dates. Things have not gone back to normal, not even throughout the summer.

Many restaurants remain open, with reduced seating and more limited hours. Many also have chosen to not reopen, without the numbers of visitors many cannot handle the costs of being open.

The same goes across Tuscany - many places are open but with reduced hours.

If you have specific museums in mind you want to visit, right now it is best to research whether they are open, when and whether you need to book ahead of time. Many are requiring it, since numbers are limited.
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.