www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Transport to Panzano (Dario Cecchini

RonaldC is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Question Transport to Panzano (Dario Cecchini

I'm staying in/around Florence but i was always interested in visiting Dario Cecchini and his famous restaurant in Panzano.
    Now i like a good meal and drink some wine so i prefer not to drive to/after it anymore.

A friend of mine told me he went with another friend and they took a taxi and payed around € 100 and that the taxi waits till they finished.
    But i'm checking around if there aren't any alternatives or idea from people on the forum maybe ?

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Yes, a possibility would be to get a driver to take you there and bring you back. Cars with drivers / chauffeurs are called NCC in Italian, so if you look for "NCC in Florence" you'll find many options. I would suggest you contact several to ask for availability and price quotes for the dinner out.

If you're planning of going at lunch time, you could take the bus -- the 365 line takes you to Panzano (not all buses do, so check carefully).
    Here's the bus schedule: http://www.acvbus.it/orari/365.pdf
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!

D Roy is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Hi. I am curious if you went with the Taxi or found another way? We are coming from Sienna to Florence. One debate I am having is taking the train from Sienna to Florence and then renting a car in Florence and driving to Panzano and spending the night. For some reason the cost of renting a car in Siena and then dropping it off in Florence is huge (as in several hundred dollars).

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldC View Post
    I'm staying in/around Florence but i was always interested in visiting Dario Cecchini and his famous restaurant in Panzano.
    Now i like a good meal and drink some wine so i prefer not to drive to/after it anymore.

A friend of mine told me he went with another friend and they took a taxi and payed around € 100 and that the taxi waits till they finished.
    But i'm checking around if there aren't any alternatives or idea from people on the forum maybe ?

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

What's the cost if you rent in Siena, spend the night, return the car in Siena and then head on to Florence? I really do not know how much taxi service can be, but doing dinner out, the timing of it being too late I would personally plan on spending the time in the area over driving after dinner ;-).
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!