Mugello MotoGP 2020

Mo60

Hi there, My husband and I are planning to get to Mugello for race day on 31 May 2020 (date of race to be confirmed). We are getting to Florence by train on 28 May late afternoon and leaving again on 3 June. My question is do we stay in Florence for the duration of our stay and get the train/bus to Mugello on the Sunday, and if so then how easy is it to get there by train? Or do we stay closer to Mugello just over the weekend and if it's possible, to park our car in Borgo San Lorenzo.

That's a very busy weekend for the Mugello area and my first recommendation would be to look to stay as close as possible as you can find to the race track (so Scarperia itself would be the first recommendation). Second option somewhere close enough, and Borgo San Lorenzo itself would be a good option. Or another place nearby, but you'd need a car at that point if you don't stay in a town along the train line. If you can't find availability for that weekend in the area, then Florence as your 3rd option. Start looking and contacting for lodging now as that weekend gets booked fast: www.florenceaccommodation.com/mugello

Thank you for your advise. I have looked in Scarperia and it seems to be booked up already. I have reserved accommodation near Vicchio. We will be hiring a car so would you recommend we park at Borgo San Lorenzo and take the train or can we part a little closer. We don't want to be stuck in the traffic so would be prepared to walk a bit to get to our car. This is our first time to Mugello so any advice is welcome. Grazie mille